Garbage & Trash Removal
Household garbage pickups are made by our contractor Mondays and Thursdays, except for major holidays. Makeup collections may be made related to some holidays; you will be advised if this is the case.
Do not place garbage anywhere outside earlier than 5 AM on collection day. Place it on your front sidewalk, not on the grass or in the paved roadway or parking area. Collections may start as early as 7 AM. Use heavy plastic bags. Do not store garbage on balconies, patios, behind bushes or in common areas, under penalty of fine!
Print out the Society Hill Waste and Recycling Requirements leaflet
If you don't get the garbage out in time, the Association does not provide special pickups. Your neighbors will appreciate your watching out for birds and squirrels picking into bags, and picking up any loose material so it does not blow around!
Outside trash cans are NOT allowed, but residents are now authorized to place this storage seat/lid to store garbage on their patio or balcony. Twenty-two gallon, white or tan resin, approx. 24" H x 22"W x 17.5"D. Available online or in local stores.
- Bulky items like carpeting, old furniture, and wooden doors should be placed with the regular garbage on Thursdays.
- White goods -- refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, water heaters, bed frames, and other large metal items. Call Lawrence Township Public Works at 844-7137, and they will schedule a special Wednesday pickup. Note, doors must be removed from appliances for safety reasons.
- Large bulky items may be placed in your assigned parking place close to the curb, not intruding into roadway or adjacent parking spaces awaiting pickup. (All other garbage must be placed ONLY on your front sidewalk.)
- DO NOT leave any of the above items at the Recycling area.
The Association maintains recycling dumpsters in a special area near the clubhouse.
This facility is NOT for garbage nor items such as those listed on the sign you will see there:
The Association observes the laws and recycling standards administered by the Mercer County Improvement Authority.
- We now use Single Stream Recycling, which means you do not have to separate paper waste from glass and plastics. (If one dumpster is filled, use any of the others.)
- Improper items placed in the dumpsters can lead to additional disposal fees.
- Materials originating off-site are prohibited.
- This area is monitored, and any infractions will lead to warnings and fines.
- Help us make recycling work, for the sake of our environment!
- Print out the Waste and Recycling Requirements leaflet for guidance in handling regular garbage and recyclable items (PDF). When in doubt, don't contaminate the recycling, throw the item out in the regular trash!