Frequently Asked Questions
- How large is Society Hill?
- Seventy five acres, with 440 townhouse and garden home condominiums, lots of trees and hundreds of acres of open land nearby.
- What is the Condominium Association?
- It's actually all of the unit owners, working through a structure established by the Governing Documents, pursuant to New Jersey statutes. A Board of Trustees, elected by the unit owners, provides policy leadership and engages professionals to conduct daily operations. More details are here.
- Who owns the roads?
- Society Way and all of the courts are owned by the owners in common and maintained by the Association. Gordon Avenue is owned by Lawrence Township.
- What does my maintenance fee cover?
- Maintaining the roads and sidewalks, grounds keeping, upkeep on the buildings and service facilities, garbage and recycling, and more. You can read the details in our annual budget.
- How do I pay the maintenance fee?
- Due the 1st of each quarter- Jan.1, April 1, July 1, October 1. A late fee of $25 is incurred if payment is not received by the 15th of the month. If the account continues to be delinquent on the 30th of the month, an additional $25 is assessed, and for every month thereafter, a $50 fee is levied on the 15th until a zero balance is attained. Interest, legal fees and related costs may be added too. If mailing payment without the statement, payment should be sent to Signature Property Group, 140 Sylvan Ave, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. Account # should be on check. Payments are not accepted at the Association office.
- Is the Association involved in rentals or sales?
- No, those are private transactions by owners. We do require certain information to be on file with us regarding these matters. See the Sales and Leases section. The majority of our homes are owner occupied.
- How is garbage collected?
- By contractor hired by the Association, Mondays and Thursdays, except for an occasional holiday. You bring recycling items to the dumpsters near the clubhouse. See here for all the details on garbage, recycling, and removal of large items.
- Do I need insurance on my unit?
- You definitely need insurance to cover things not covered by the Association's policy. This is covered on our Insurance page.
- Why are there so many rules?
- In a community like this, we share many common areas and views, so it's important to keep both a good appearance and respectful relationships, not to mention property values! Consideration makes it so much better for everybody!
- Can I be fined?
- Yes, if you break the rules, fines can be levied against your account, and in some cases the Association can even take remedial action whose cost you would be responsible for. However, our approach is to work with residents and owners to secure voluntary cooperation, and this is quite successful; we're never happy when more formal action is needed. Some penalties are mandatory, such as for late payments of maintenance fees, as a protection to the Association.
- How do I get my mailbox fixed?
- The Post Office is responsible for mailboxes and repairs. Repairs can be called into the Circle Branch phone at 771-0110. (The Lawrenceville Branch nearby is at 896-0181, but does not handle mailboxes or local deliveries.)
- How do I report a burned out street lamp?
- Report inoperable streetlights with the lamp number to the Association office so it can be called in to PSE&G.
- How can I leave something at the Association office after hours?
- Use the mail box at the right of the entrance doors.
Do you have other questions not listed here? Many answers can be located by using our Search feature.
Always feel free to call the office or use our online contact form.